Holland Park School Admissions
Applying for a place at a school after 31 August each year, or applying to change your child’s school during the year, are referred to as “in-year” admissions.
Details of how to apply for an In-Year place at the school are available here through The Sigma Trust website.
The Chase at Holland Park
Pupils will be admitted to Reception classes at the beginning of the academic year (September) in which their fifth birthday falls. The intended number of admissions for this academic year is 60. All applications must be made directly to Essex County Council.
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given :
- Looked after children and previously looked after children (including those who have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted).
- Children with a sibling attending the school who will still be on roll at the date of admission.
- Children who reside within the Priority Admission Area.
- Children of staff at Holland Park Primary School.
- Within each of the above criteria, proximity of the home to school will be taken into consideration, with those living nearer being accorded the higher priority.
- Children that attend The Chase Nursery at Holland Park will not receive a priority application and all applications will be processed using the criteria listed above.
- In each individual oversubscription criterion, priority will be given to a looked after child.
- Holland Park Primary will agree any changes to its admissions’ arrangements with the Secretary of State for Education. It will establish procedures for appeals against non-admission which will include an independent element. Details of admission arrangements will be published each year.
Admission Appeal Arrangements
If you do not receive an offer of a place at our school, you can appeal against the decision.
Click on the link below for more information.